Break out that spiralizer for this veggie-packed twist on pasta salad. Creamy ricotta cheese and parmesan bring a touch of Italy. Serve this salad on it’s own or as a side dish alongside grilled burgers, chicken or steak.
- 4 cups spiralized zucchini
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/ 2 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained
- 1/ 2 cup shaved or thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/ 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Blanch the snow peas and green peas by briefly immersing each in boiling water for several minutes, then plunging into ice water. Do each separately until just tender, then set aside.
Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the carrots, red pepper, tomatoes & cabbage. Lightly sauté until softened. Add the white beans. Set aside.
Put remaining olive oil into another skillet and add the spiralized zucchini. Gently sauté until just softened and barely cooked.
Using tongs pick up the zucchini and place it on a platter. Top with the sautéed vegetables gently mixing them in. Add the ricotta in dollops on top of everything. Sprinkle with the parmesan and the shaved radishes. Add a few grinds of salt & pepper to taste.