- 2 lbs lean ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cans of Red Gold Canned Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/ 2 large head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/ 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 can Red Gold Fresh Canned Tomato Juice
- 1/ 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/ 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups of white rice, rinsed and cooked
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
In a large bowl, season ground beef with beef bouillon and black pepper.
Create 1.5” - 2” meatballs and broil on high in an oven safe dish, turning once, until browned on both sides and add to soup when done.
Add canned tomatoes, cabbage, onion, chili powder, comino, tomato juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and a bay leaf to a large soup pot.
Cover with water, gently stir, bring to a simmer and cook for 40-60 minutes.
Add soup to rice in individual bowls & top with cilantro.