Fresh green herbs and vegetables like parsley and celery are one of the six items found on a traditional Seder plate and represent the beginning of spring. This recipe for a simple leafy green, celery and radish salad not only embodies those flavors but also offers a bright, crisp contrast to fatty brisket and is perfect alongside the next morning's brisket hash for brunch.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, leaves torn
- 15 small radishes, sliced thin
- 1/ 2 bunch cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1/ 2 bunch parsley leaves
- 1 head celery, sliced thin
- 4 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Place the lettuce, radishes, cilantro, parsley, and celery in a large bowl.
In a jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Tightly seal the lid and shake until emulsified.
Just before serving, add the dressing to the salad a little at a time, tossing to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning.