Recipe Intro From feedfeed
This recipe was sponsored by our friends at Country Crock. Learn more about their Buttery Sticks here.
Visit the rules page for @foodieinnewyork's giveaway here.
Yield: 16 brownies
Chocolate Brownie Batter:
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted Country Crock Sticks
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped or morsels
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2/3 cup (85 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Peanut Butter Swirl:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Salted Country Crock Sticks
1/2 cup (110 grams) powdered sugar
3/4 cup (190 grams) creamy peanut butter
Chocolate Easter Candies (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing some to hang off of the sides so that the brownies can be easily lifted out of the pan.
2. Make brownie batter. Place Country Crock Buttery stick in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (chopped or morsels). Stir with a spatula until melted. Remove the bowl from the simmering water.
3. Whisk in the granulated sugar. Once combined, whisk in the three eggs. Once the batter is smooth, fold in the flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
4. Make peanut butter swirl. Melt 1/4 cup Country Crock Buttery Stick in a medium bowl. Add the powdered sugar and peanut butter and stir until combined. Set aside.
5. Pour brownie batter into 8-inch square baking pan. Spoon the peanut butter filling on top.
6. Using a butter knife, make swirls by dragging the knife through the peanut butter, moving from one side of the pan to the other (left to right), then the top of the pan to the bottom.
7. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. (A cake tester should come out with just a few crumbs on it.) Top with Easter candies, and transfer to a cooling rack.