This recipe is featured in our free weekly meal plan. This edition is sponsored by our friends at Filippo Berio Olive Oil and features a wide range of recipes all made with heart-healthy and flavorful olive oil!
- 5 tablespoons Filippo Berio Olive Oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, (or 2 shallots) minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fillets cod
- 1/ 4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; sauté onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, parsley, basil, thyme and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, dredge fish fillets in flour to coat on all sides; sauté in remaining olive oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Pour tomato mixture over fish; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
Recipe provided by The Low Cholesterol Olive Oil Cookbook