- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/ 2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 1/ 2 cups vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/4-1/3 cup queso fresco, or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1-2 radishes, sliced
- 1/ 4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/ 4 red onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onion. Cook over medium heat until tender.Add garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the salsa verde, stirring, followed by the broth. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes until salsa thickens.
Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Add tortilla chips to skillet and gently stir until all chips are coated. Transfer to plates.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the eggs until whites are crispy and yolks are still runny, about 4-5 minutes.
Top chilaquiles with fried eggs, cheese, avocado, radishes, onions and cilantro.