- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- 6 baby red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Italian Chicken Sausage, quartered lengthwise and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- GF crusty bread and hot salsa, optional (for serving)
Adjust oven rack about 6 inches below broiler and preheat broiler to high.
Heat 2 tbsp Olive Oil in a 10 inch oven-proof non-stick skillet and sauté summer squash until tender and slightly browned. Transfer to a dish and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet and sauté potatoes until softened, browned, and crisp. Add sausage to the skillet and sauté another 2-3 minutes more until heated through. Add squash back to the skillet and stir everything to incorporate.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs, half & half, Italian Parsley, chives, salt and pepper in a large bowl. When veggies and sausage are in the skillet, add egg mixture to the skillet. Stir gently for a couple minutes until eggs are near set but still pretty wet. Top with dollops of the ricotta cheese. Transfer skillet to the oven and finish off under the broiler, about 3-5 minutes, until golden on top, ricotta cheese is melted, and center is set. Remove from oven.
Top Frittata with fresh scallions, salt, and pepper. Serve with salsa and toasts.