This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3 avocados
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/ 2 yellow onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 jalepeno, sliced
- 4-6 radishes, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/ 4 cup leaves cilantro
- 1/ 4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a small ramekin, mix the cumin, smoked paprika, six chili spice, oregano, celery salt, salt & pepper. Set aside.
Heat grapeseed oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Flip with tongs and cook 1 minute more. Remove shrimp to a plate and set aside.
Add sliced bell pepper and onion to skillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes until browned and semi-soft but still crisp. Add shrimp back to the skillet, dust on the seasonings, add 1/4 cup water and cook stirring just until seasonings are distributed well and shrimp is cooked through. Turn off heat.
Top tostada shells with smashed avocado, fajita veggies, and shrimp. Top with fresh radish, jalapeño, cilantro leaves, scallions, and Cotija cheese. Serve warm.