This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 1/ 2 pound broccoli florets
- 1/ 2 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup rice flour, plus more for coating
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- Oil, for frying
- Thai sweet chili sauce, with lime juice
Bring a pot of water to boil, blanch broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots until fully cooked for few minutes.
Then, drain veggies well and coarsely chop using a hand pull processor or food processor. Do not blend until it turns into a paste.
Place all chopped veggies in a big bowl, add mashed sweet potatoes, brown rice, salt, flours and mix well. You want to be able to form a patty, if it's too wet, add 2 more tablespoons of rice flour. Form mixture into small patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Rub more flour to both side of each patty.
In a heated pan with 2 tablespoons oil, cook patties until golden brown on each side. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce and lime juice.