- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces ham or bacon, sliced
- 1/ 2 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 cup rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, fried, to top
- Scallions, sliced, to garnish
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Radish, sliced for garnish
- Nori sheets, sliced, for garnish
In a small bowl, using a whisk mix butter and gochujang together, set aside.
Heat butter in large pan over medium heat. Add red onions, bacon, until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add kimchi and sautè for 3 minutes.
Add gochujang butter to rice, mix well until all the rice in coated. Remove from heat.
Transfer to a bowl, top with fried egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallions, nori and serve immediately.