- 3 flour tortillas
- 1/ 2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/ 4 cup Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/ 4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/ 4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or vegan cheese, shredded
Heat a skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once the oil is heated, sauté yellow onion followed by garlic, bell peppers, corn for 2-3 minutes.
Add the drained black beans followed by seasonings, salt and pepper. Mash some of the bean with the back of the spoon and cook for a minute. Finally add some chopped cilantro, squeeze a dash lemon juice and then transfer the bean filling to a bowl.
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the bean mixture to the tortilla on one side, top with a few red onions and 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese on top of it and close the empty side over it to make a full-moon shape.
Repeat the same with all the tortillas with the remaining bean filling mixture.
Cook them on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes per side until then turn crispy and cheese has fully melted.
Serve immediately with your favorite dip.