This recipe was featured in our Vegan Weekly Meal Plan Newsletter - Looking for dinner ideas? Sign up here!
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, To Taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Roughly chop the fresh basil and add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Blend to desired consistency.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, grate the zucchini with a box grater to create the zoodles.
Drain pasta and while the pot is still hot add about 1/2 cup (or more) of the prepared pesto to the pot. Add pasta and zucchini noodles and coat evenly with pesto. Serve and enjoy.