Vegan cashew “ricotta” is the secret to this comforting baked pasta. Be sure to soak your nuts for a few hours before blending for the smoothest texture.
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Vegan Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 18 pasta shells, cooked according to package direcions
- 1 1/ 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours
- 1/ 2 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy alternative
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 small clove garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, seasoned and cut into pieces
- Handful pine nuts
- Vegan Parmesan, grated
- Fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 390ºF.
Add cashews, milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy. Stir in cooked spinach.
Put the canned tomato chunks into a casserole dish. Stuff the pasta shells with the cashew mixture and spinach. Arrange on top of the tomatoes. Top with pine nuts, vegan Parmesan and thyme.
Bake for about 20 minutes.