What's the secret to our sauce? Simply Organic Vietnamese Cinnamon! Fresh summer tomatoes at high heat with Simply Organic Vietnamese Cinnamon (since it stands up well to long-cooked items), fresh garlic, Simply Organic Oregano, olive oil and butter. The resulting sauce is super flavorful and very well balanced thanks to the gentle heat from the cinnamon, acid of the tomatoes and richness from the combination of butter and olive oil. All you need to do to get it ready to serve is toss it with a little hot pasta and garnish it with fresh basil, crushed red pepper and some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
Click here to get our entire summer menu inspired by Simply Organic Cinnamon!
- 3 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/ 3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Simply Organic Vietnamese Cinnamon
- Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- Simply Organic Black Peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 pound pasta, gluten-free if desired
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Parmesan Cheese, shaved, for topping
Preheat the oven to 450˚F and add tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, butter, oregano, salt, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and black pepper to a large roasting pan. Place in the oven for about 60 minutes, stirring every so often, until tomatoes are caramelized and softened.
Let cool slightly, then transfer the roasted tomatoes to a high speed blender. Process until just blended; you want a bit of texture to remain.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente. Drain, then toss the cooked pasta with warm tomato sauce. Top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese before serving.