Grilled Pastrami AND a Root Vegetable Slaw?! NutmegNanny's sandwich made with Land O Lakes® Deli American was the star of lunch at FeedfeedBrooklyn! Trust us, don't plan on making it out with any leftovers.
Recipe by NutmegNanny | Photo by TheFeedfeed
For the Slaw
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/ 2 small red beet, peeled and grated
- 1/ 2 small celery root, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Sandwich
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 slices Land O Lakes® Deli American
- 3/ 4 pound thick sliced deli pastrami
In a medium-sized bowl add grated carrot, beet and celery root. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard and kosher salt. Pour over the vegetables and toss to combine. Taste and add more kosher salt and black pepper if desired.
Let the mixture sit while you prepare the salad. If you notice the mixture giving off a lot of water (which it might) drain the mixture before placing on the sandwich.
Preheat your panini press to medium heat. Lay out your bread and spread ½ tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
Flip over 2 slices of the bread and top each turned over slice with 2 slices of Land O Lakes® Deli American, half of the pastrami, half of the slaw and 2 slices Land O Lakes® Deli American.
Top the sandwich with the remaining slice of bread, butter side out.
Add the sandwich to the panini press, close the lid and let the sandwich cook until the outside is crispy and browned and the inside is warmed through and melted - about 10 minutes.