- 3/ 4 cup fresh cut, ripe pineapple, packed
- 1/ 4 cup coconut milk (see notes)
- 1/ 4 cup white rum
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Garnish: Pineapple leaves, Pineapple wedge with peel intact
Make the cocktail: Add all the cocktail ingredients into the Vitamix in the order listed, ending with the ice.
Slowly turn the machine to high speed and blend for 20 seconds until frothy and evenly combined. Taste and adjust sweetness levels based on sweetness of the pineapple fruit. Blend again if needed.
Garnish: Slice a round disc off the top or bottom of the pineapple before removing the peel. Cut disc into wedges. Turn wedge on its side, cut a slice into the wedge, then place on glass. Divide the Piña Colada between the two glasses. Add a leaf from the top of the pineapple if desired. Serve immediately. Note: natural separation will occur, creating a beautiful drink. Stir to recombine.
• Use full fat coconut milk for this recipe. The same kind you cook with. I often blend my coconut milk before using to combine the separated cream, and store the remainder in a covered glass jar in the fridge for a couple weeks.
• For added natural sweetness and creaminess, add a half of ripe banana in addition to the agave nectar.