- 1 pound extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/ 4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/ 8 teaspoon turmeric
- Avocado oil, for frying
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1/ 2 cup clover sprouts
In a medium bowl, combine chic pea flour, nutritional yeast, sea salt, baking soda, black pepper, nutmeg and turmeric. Toss the tofu in the mixture until uniformly coated.
In a frying pan, heat avocado oil over medium-high until rippling. Add the coated tofu and cook in batches until they are all golden brown, 5 minutes.
Warm the tortillas over the stove. Assemble the wraps by placing the fried tofu, arugula, peppers, cucumbers, avocado and clover sprouts in the center and folding like a burrito. Cut in half to serve.