For the Toast
- 8 slices bread, of choice, toasted
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed and discarded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Pickled red onions, as needed (recipe below)
- Olive oil, as needed
- Black sesame seeds, To Taste
- Dill, To Taste
- Kosher salt, To Taste
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
To Make the Toast
Heat a grill pan over medium hight heat. Brush the asparagus with a little olive oil and fry in the grill pan with the tomatoes until the tomatoes are blistered and the asparagus just cooked, turning as needed.
Toast the bread and top with the smashed avocado, grilled asparagus and tomatoes and a few pickled red onions. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh dill and salt and pepper to taste.
For the Pickled Red Onions
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
To Make the Pickled Red Onions
Add all ingredients to a pint sized mason jar. Add lid and tightly seal. Shake until the sugar and salt has dissolved. Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using. Leftover onions can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.