- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/ 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups French bread, cut into small cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 3 cups baby spinach, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes or ripped into small pieces
- Parmesan cheese, optional, for sprinkling
Place oven rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray eight (8 ounce) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Place the ramekins on the prepared sheet.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, breaking up with a spatula as it's cooking until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper until well blended.
To the egg mixture first add the french bread cubes pushing them down with the spatula to make sure they're all coated well with the egg mixture. Add the cooked sausage, tomatoes, chopped spinach and mozzarella. Mix until well combined. Evenly distribute the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake for 30-35 minutes until egg cups are set, puffy and golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.