- 1/4 cups roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 2 head medium kohlrabi
- 1 bulb trimmed and quartered fennel root
- 1/41 cups dried cherries, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill weed
- 1/4 cups avocado oil
- 11/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 to 4 grinds fresh white pepper
Remove the long stems from the kohlrabi. Then, trim away the thick green skin until you reach the light green to white part that is free of tough fibers. Shred the kohlrabi. Trim fennel, remove outer leaves. Shred fennel and the cabbage. I use my food processor, but you can also shred them in the medium holes of a box grater.
Combine the shredded kohlrabi, fennel, cabbage, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, and dill in a large serving bowl. Mix well.
In a bowl, jar or a blender, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake or whisk to thoroughly combine. If you want to lower carbs, you can use stevia (pure stevia leaf powder) instead of maple syrup, but realize that it won't have the maple flavor.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well. Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Too tart? Add a bit more maple syrup. Add salt to taste. This will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. And you'll impress your friends.