- 1 14 ounce package Hatfield Original Hardwood Smoked Ham Steaks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 20 ounces crushed Pineapple, reserve juices
- 1/ 4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/ 4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange, zest
- 1/ 8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, optional, use for a thicker sauce
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
Open ham steaks and rinse. Cut each full slice into quarters.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Place half of the ham steaks into the skillet and sear each side until golden brown (about 1 minute per side).
Remove cooked ham steaks and cover them tightly until the next batch is done. Once all steaks are done, cover them and set aside.
In the same large skillet, add pineapple to the pan and cook until golden brown; about 1 minute. Remove pineapple from the pan and set aside.
In the same large skillet add 2 tablespoons of butter, the pineapple juice, orange juice, zest, brown sugar, and clove. Whisk ingredients to loosen any cooked bits of ham and pineapple.
Bring mixture to a boil and the reduce heat to medium-low reducing the liquid to about half. The mixture will be thinner, but if you prefer a thick sauce, whisk in 1 tsp. of cornstarch, and then the mustard; remove mixture from the heat.
Before serving, add pineapple citrus topping over ham steaks and enjoy warm.