Cauliflower tacos with BBQ seasoning come together quickly and are ideal for summer. Spices like cumin, paprika, and chili powder are used to season these cauliflower tacos and roasted till aromatic in the oven, served with simple cabbage slaw on a corn tortilla. This vegan-friendly dish will make you feel like part of the summer barbeque party.
For the Tacos
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Olive oil
- Corn tortillas
For the BBQ Rub
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/ 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3/ 4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- a dash of cinnamon
For the Cilantro Slaw
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly chopped
- 1/ 4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Make the BBQ rub by mixing all ingredients together.
Toss cauliflower, garlic, and onions in a generous 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with BBQ rub and toss again. Spread mixture out evenly on a sheet pan. Place in the oven and bake for 18- 20 minutes, stirring once.
Combine all of the slaw ingredients (except for the cabbage and cilantro) and whisk. Add cabbage and cilantro and toss until combined.
Warm corn tortillas in the oven and assemble tacos. Top with cilantro and lime wedges.