- 2 lbs vegan ground meat
- 1/ 2 lb soyrizo
- 2 tablespoons vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher Salt, to taste.
- Black Pepper, to taste.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- Juice of one Lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/ 8 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 10 hamburger buns
Mix together vegan ground meat and soyrizo with Worcestershire sauce. Add dried onion and garlic. Form into 10 even patties.
Mix a heavy pinch of salt and pepper, paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin, oregano, cilantro, and cayenne in a flat dish. Place each hamburger patty in seasoning mix, coat evenly on both sides.
Combine petite diced tomatoes, onion, avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper, remaining teaspoon cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
Grill burgers over high heat for about 2 minutes per side, then remove from heat and grill an additional 6 minutes on indirect heat. Note: This can be achieved by using a higher rack found on many gas grills or by placing the coals on only one side of a charcoal grill.
In the last minute of grilling, place buns cut-side down on grill.
Remove and serve burgers on toasted buns topped with guacamole spread.