- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 large potato, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 61/4 cups vegetable stock, or water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 5-6 leaves mint
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
- Cheddar cheese, freshly grated, for serving
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
Put the butter and olive oil in a pot, then add the leek, some salt and the garlic, sauté until the leek gets soft. Add the carrot and potato. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the thyme, bay leaves and vegetable stock/water. Let simmer until all the vegetables are soft, then add the green peas and cook for 7 minutes.
Transfer everything to a blender. Add mint, salt and pepper. Puree until desired consistency. Serve with grated cheddar cheese and red pepper flakes.