Craving something citrusy? Make this zesty no bake lemon tart! Did we mention that it's also vegan? If you're in the mood for more lemony desserts, try out our Sumac Lemon Bars!
For the crust
- 1 package Biscoff cookies (about 15-20 pieces) or same amount of vegan vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut cream
- 3/ 4 cup sugar
- 5 medium lemons, juiced and 2 lemons, zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/ 3 cup coconut milk (or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Sliced lemons and blueberries, for garnish
In a food processor, grind the wafers. Add the melted coconut oil. Transfer the crust mixture into a lined 9 inch (24 cm) tart pan and press down firmly around the edges and bottom. Put the crust in the freezer meanwhile.
Make the filling: In a med saucepan, bring the coconut cream to boil stirring it frequently. Add the sugar, lemon juice, zest, vanilla extract, Keep stirring over a low heat.
In a separate bowl, mix corn starch with coconut milk, mix well to get rid of any lumps. Add the mixture slowly the filling mix in a saucepan, keep stirring to avoid lumps for 1 min. Remove from the heat. Pour the filling into the crust. Distribute the filling evenly. Put the tart in a flat surface in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set. Decorate your tart with sliced lemons, blueberries and more lemon zest.