For the Crust
- 1 3/ 4 cups finely shredded coconut
- 3/ 4 cup almond flour
- 1/ 2 cup pecans, ground into crumbs
- 1/ 4 cup coconut oil
- 1/ 2 orange, zested and juiced (3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- pinch vanilla bean powder
For the Filling
- 3/ 4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons raw unsalted cashew butter
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or rice malt syrup
- 1/ 4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- pinch cardamom
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground ginger
- Pecan halves, for topping
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut parchment paper into 2-inch squares. Cut slits in each corner, going almost to the center of the squares, then place in a mini tart tray.
To make the crust: combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough comes together. Measure out 1 tablespoon of dough, shape into a round disc, and place on top of one of the parchment paper squares. Use the back of a teaspoon to shape the dough further and even out if necessary. Repeat until the tray is full.
To make the filling: combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined.
Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of filling into each prepared pie shell. Top each pie with a pecan half. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling looks just set. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.