- 4 links caprese-style sausage
- 12 ounce bag red lentil pasta
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 - 12 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
In a large skillet or pot combine all ingredients except for the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. Stir together.
Cover and bring to boil. Then immediately reduce heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes (covered), stirring every few minutes.
Add salt, pepper, and your chopped basil leaves. Stir to combine for one minute.
Remove from heat, adding additional leaves for garnish, as desired.