Lemony Spaghetti with Ricotta, Mixed Vegetables and Basil
- 1 pound spaghetti, gluten free, if desired
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup torn basil
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water and keep warm.
Meanwhile, lightly sauté the carrot, zucchini, bell pepper and tomatoes until soft.
In a saucepan, mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, oil, lemon zest and juice, basil, reserved 1/4 cup pasta water, salt and pepper to taste. Heat gently until warm.
Gently toss all ingredients together in a large bowl, then arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.