For the Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes San Marzano Style with Basil and Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Muir Glen Tomato Paste
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
- 1/2 cup basil, freshly chopped
For the Toasted Cashew Cream
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil
- Jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Hemp hearts
- Nutritional yeast
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Bake spaghetti squash about 45 minutes, until soft enough to scoop out the flesh.
To make the marinara sauce, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan or pot. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper and simmer until sauce has thickened and is heated through, about 20 minutes. Stir in fresh basil. Keep on low heat to simmer until squash is finished baking.
To make the cashew cream, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
Plate spaghetti squash, top with marinara sauce and then cashew cream. Garnish with fresh basil, a drizzle of olive, salt, pepper and other desired toppings.