- 1 (1 lb container) tomatoes on the vine
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 small cloves garlic, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- red pepper flakes, optional, to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) ball fresh mozzarella, torn by hand
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 lb) loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
Preheat oven to 400˚ F and add tomatoes to a small baking dish. Add thyme and garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on top, then season with red pepper flakes (if using).
Place in the oven and roast for about 40-50 minutes, or until the tomatoes and herbs are charred and roasted.
Top with basil, mozzarella and lemon juice and serve with ciabatta.