- 1/ 4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fillets anchovy, finely chopped (we used Kosher salt, to taste
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, pounded ¼ inch-½ inch thin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large Handsome Brook Farm Pasture-Raised Organic eggs
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/ 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable oil, or other neutral oil, for frying
- 1 large head escarole, sliced thinly into ribbons
- 1/ 2 cup chives, chopped and divided
- 1/ 2 cup dill, chopped and divided
- 1/ 2 cup basil, sliced into ribbons and divided
- 1/ 2 cup pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, juice of a ½ a lemon, Dijon and honey. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Add anchovy, plus salt and pepper to taste. Set dressing aside.
Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk until beaten. Pour Panko on a large plate or rimmed baking dish and mix with about a parmesan. Dredge chicken breasts in flour, then egg, then Panko and then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Heat vegetable oil to medium-high in a shallow frying pan or skillet. Fry chicken until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack or paper towel lined plate. Squeeze lemon juice over them and season with salt.
In a large bowl, combine a ¼ cup chives, a ¼ cup dill, and ¼ cup basil with the escarole. Add dressing and pine nuts and toss. Pile salad onto each cutlet and finish each one with shaved parmesan and remaining ¼ cup of chives, ¼ cup of dill, and ¼ cup of basil. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.