For the Tofu Marinade
- 1/ 4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
For the Bowl
- 1/ 2 cup tofu, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces baby mushrooms, such as baby bellas or button mushrooms
- 1 small cucumber, spiralized
- 1 small beet, peeled and spiralized
- 1/ 2 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/ 2 avocado
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Add the tofu, fold to combine and allow to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
While the tofu is marinating, cook the mushrooms. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until deeply golden brown, about ten minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Drain the tofu from the marinate. In the same skillet, add the remaining oil on medium high heat. Add the tofu and sear on both sides until golden brown, 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
To build the bowl: Add tofu, mushrooms, beets, cucumber and cabbage to a bowl and top with a half an avocado.