This satisfying bowl is packed with nutritious and flavorful ingredients. Roasted broccoli, crispy chickpeas, tomatoes and avocado are topped over fully coked quinoa and finished with a drizzled of a creamy herb vinaigrette. This flavorful bowl is perfect for a quick plant-based lunch or dinner.
- 3/ 4 cup uncooked quinoa
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/ 4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ 4 teaspoon garlic powder
Creamy Herb Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/ 2 teaspoon Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Whisk together all the ingredients thoroughly; makes extra than needed for this recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (convect/fan). Cook quinoa according to package directions, and when it's done, let it cool in a mixing bowl or on serving platter, then mix juice of 1/2 lemon into it.
Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets into similar small size and arrange on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle its oil and salt, and toss. Bake 12 to 18 min, stirring halfway until bright green and lightly browning in spots. Remove tray from oven and let cool somewhat.
Add chickpeas, their oil and seasonings to a pan and cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 min until heated.
Combine half of the dressing, cooked quinoa, roasted brocc, sliced onion, chickpeas, halved tomatoes, reserving some to add on top at the end. Top with diced avocado. Serve with extra dressing as desired