- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon dairy-free butter
- 1/ 4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husks removed and washed
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1/ 2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/ 2 tablespoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pepper
Heat a large pot on medium heat. Once hot, add butter, salt, pepper, and chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook the flour until nutty smelling, about 2 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, red bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Stir and bring soup to a boil.
Once the soup is boiling turn heat down to low-medium and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is fork tender.
Using a small knife cut the corn off the cob and add the fresh corn to the soup. Pour the plant based milk in the soup and cook until the corn is completely cooked, 10-15 minutes.
Taste soup and add additional salt, pepper and paprika, if needed.
Divide into soup bowls or bread bowls. Garnish with chopped green onion and serve.