From savory soups to tasty weeknight dinners, recipes are made easy and delicious using EPIC broths. For the month of October, you can find many EPIC products on sale at The Green Grocer!
- 1 14 oz jar EPIC Homestyle Savory Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 honeynut (or butternut) squash, seeded and roughly chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- avocado oil, as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Rosemary Maple Butter
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Sweet and Salty Pecan Crumble
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, coconut sugar or maple syrup, plus more, if needed
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt, more if desired
Heat oven to 375F . Drizzle squash with avocado oil, season with salt and roast on a baking sheet for 40 minutes, flipping once, until squash is soft and starting to caramelize.
Heat butter and a drizzle of avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook until translucent. Stir in garlic and rosemary. Cook for 10-20 seconds. If pan is starting to brown, deglaze with a splash of broth.
For Rosemary Maple Butter: Combine rosemary, butter and maple syrup in a small skillet. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes; strain.
For Pecan Crumble: Pulse pecans, brown sugar, butter and salt in a food process until crumbly. Season with more salt and sugar, if needed.
Combine roasted squash and onion mixture in a high-speed blender or food processor. Add broth and blend until smooth. Season to taste. Rewarm over low heat if necessary. Top with Rosemary Maple Butter and Pecan Crumble.