Spiced Bean Salad
"This healthy vegan bean salad – Balela, inspired by the Middle East is made with different beans, greens, fresh veggies, olive oil, and Arabic spices."
Recipe Intro From greenbowl2soul
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 5mins
Serves or Makes: 20
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, red or yellow, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/ 4 cup chopped mint
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, To Taste
More from @greenbowl2soul
In a bowl mix the beans, chopped vegetables, herbs, garlic, spices, and salt.
Drizzle olive oil over it. Mix and enjoy your healthy treat!