"This healthy vegan bean salad – Balela, inspired by the Middle East is made with different beans, greens, fresh veggies, olive oil, and Arabic spices."
Spiced Bean Salad
Recipe Intro From greenbowl2soul
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Vegan Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 5mins
Serves or Makes: 20
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, red or yellow, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/ 4 cup chopped mint
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, To Taste
In a bowl mix the beans, chopped vegetables, herbs, garlic, spices, and salt.
Drizzle olive oil over it. Mix and enjoy your healthy treat!