Spiced Bean Salad
Recipe Intro From greenbowl2soul
This healthy vegan bean salad – Balela, inspired by the Middle East is made with different beans, greens, fresh veggies, olive oil, and Arabic spices. -@greenbowl2soul
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 5mins
Serves or Makes: 20
Add ingredients directly to your favorite online grocery cart (where available).
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, red or yellow, finely chopped
- 1/ 2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/ 4 cup chopped mint
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/ 2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, To Taste
More from @greenbowl2soul
In a bowl mix the beans, chopped vegetables, herbs, garlic, spices, and salt.
Drizzle olive oil over it. Mix and enjoy your healthy treat!