Marinated Tofu Sandwich
"I'm turning it up today with this T.L.T spicy marinated tofu, @followyourheart cheddar slice, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, alfafa sprouts, pea shoots, veganaise on vegan gluten free bread @foodforlifebaking. I was lucky to find this bread at @feelritefreshmarkets a few weeks ago and these were the last two slices I had left."
Recipe Intro From glassonionkitchen
Prep time 5mins
Cook time 15mins
Serves or Makes: 4
Add ingredients directly to your favorite online grocery cart (where available).
- 1 (15-oz.) block drained and thinly sliced tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/ 4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/ 4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ 4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- Desired toppings: microgreens, tomatoes, sliced vegan cheese, pickled red onions
Slice the tofu into 1/2-inch slices and then pat dry. It's best to get most of the water out of it.
Carefully place the tofu slices in the marinade. Let them soak for 10-15 minutes, then pan sear or bake at 400°F until crispy.