For the omelettes:
- 1 cup chickpea flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of kala namak salt (can substitute sea salt)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
For the filling and assembly:
- 4 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 small handful vegan feta cheese, to top
- 1/ 2 cup garden peas
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 6 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sunflower seeds, to garnish
Combine in a bowl the flour, flaxseed, nutritional yeast, spices and baking powder.
Slowly whisk in the water until no lumps remain, adding more water as needed (The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter). Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
Make the filling: heat oil in a pan and add shallot. Fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic, spinach and peas and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking 1 minute more and transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, heat oil and add the asparagus stalks. Cook for 5 minutes until bright green. Transfer to the plate with the other vegetables.
To the same pan, add half the batter and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the edges become firm. Carefully flip and cook for few more minutes on the other side, until done. Repeat with remaining batter and transfer to a plate.
Assemble the crepes: Add half the cooked spinach, shallot, peas and feta to the center of one crepe and fold in half. Top with half of the cooked asparagus, vegan cheese and sunflower seeds.