For the Crust
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 16 dates, pitted
To Make the Crust
Place the almonds and oats in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you get a sticky dough. Press the dough firmly into the tart tin. Refrigerate while making the filling.
For the Filling
- 13/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons almond milk, divided
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 star anise, or 1/2 teaspoon anise powder
- 1-2 slices ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 11/2 teaspoons loose leaves black tea
- 2-3 whole cardamom pods, or 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 11/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
To Make the Filling
Combine 1 3/4 cups almond milk, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and ginger in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Add tea leaves and simmer for 1 minute.
Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and return to saucepan over heat.
Dissolve cornstarch and agar agar in 2 tablespoons almond milk. Pour into saucepan with infused milk. Simmer until begins to thicken, stirring. Add coconut cream and whisk to combine. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Pour the filling over the base. Let cool completely, then refrigerate for 1 hour to set.