- 1 3/ 4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/ 2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/ 2 cup liquid or melted coconut oil
- 1/ 4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/ 4 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Blend 1 and 1/4 cups of the rolled oats in a blender until they become a fine flour. I use my Vitamix to get the perfect oat flour texture!
Whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar.
Into the dry ingredients, mix in the coconut oil, peanut butter, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Fold in the chocolate chips and the rest of the non-blended rolled oats.
Roll dough into 1 tablespoon balls and bake on baking sheet for 12 minutes until golden brown. These cookies are great hot, but in my opinion they taste even better when frozen!