- 1 pound medium pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 1 pound Hatfield Sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 16 ounces fontina, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp provolone, shredded
- 1/ 2 cup parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, add Hatfield Sweet Italian Sausage to a large pan and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
Prepare the sauce by melting butter over med-low in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add milk while whisking continuously until the mixture is completely smooth. Bring milk mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce begins to thicken (careful not to boil sauce), about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in cheddar and provolone, one handful at a time. Whisk in the grated parmesan, and season with kosher salt and pepper.
Stir in the cooked Hatfield Sweet Italian Sausage, sprinkle with more grated parmesan, and serve immediately.