- 2 (8 ounce) blocks tempeh
- 1/4 cup ground toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup water
Mix together all ingredients except tempeh in a big bowl. Crumble tempeh into the marinade and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
When ready to cook, heat a wide pan over medium-low heat and add tempeh crumbles. Add a few splashes of water if the tempeh soaked up all the liquid. Cover pan and steam tempeh for a few minutes.
Uncover pan and let the liquid cook off, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Once the tempeh turns a darker golden brown and starts to char, turn off heat and tempeh is ready to serve.