These Vegan tacos are sweet, spicy, and extremely satisfying. Cubed sweet potatoes, kale, romanesco, and radishes are cooked with warm spices like cumin and chili powder until kale is just barely wilted. Kimchi juice is added for an extra kick. Serve this mixture on warm tortillas and with a side of your favorite salsa.
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every weekend!
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups romanesco, chopped, or cauliflower florets
- 3 cups daikon radish, sliced, or carrots
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/ 4 cup kimchi juice, optional
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 12 gluten free tortillas
- 1 lime, juiced
- beans, optional
- salsa, optional
Heat large saucepan over medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan and cook sweet potatoes until soft on the inside and golden brown on the outside, about 10-13 minutes. Add water if they get stuck.
Add romanesco and radishes, and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add kale and cook until barely wilted. Add garlic powder, oregano, cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and kimchi juice or nutritional yeast, if desired.
Warm tortillas and use any salsa you have and any beans to add on top.