For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons kosher salt
For the Date-Parsley Gremolata:
- 1/ 2 cup (about 5) Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/ 2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/ 4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons preserved lemons, store-bought or homemade, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Roast the cauliflower: preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and salt. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet (or two - you want to make sure that the florets have room to breathe so that they can get caramelized and crispy instead of steamed) and roast until the cauliflower is golden brown, 20 to 25 mintues.
Make the gremolata: in a medium bowl, mix together the dates, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, preserved lemon, garlic, and salt. If making this ahead, leave out the vinegar until just before you serve.
Scatter the gremolata over the roasted cauliflower and serve.