This meal prep-friendly rice bowl relies on pantry staples and a flavorful lemon dressing. Make a double batch of dressing for tossing on salads, marinating chicken or drizzling on roasted vegetables throughout the week.
- 1 cup U.S.-grown long grain brown rice, dry
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomoatoes, halved
- 2 cups cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 1/ 2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/ 4 cup parsley, chopped
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/ 3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Cook U.S.-grown long grain brown rice according to package instructions.
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables. Drain and rinse chickpeas and artichoke hearts. Cut artichoke hearts in half lengthwise.
Chop up the rest of the vegetables and parsley. Set ingredients aside.
Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients, plus a shake of salt and pepper, in a small jar. Tightly screw on the lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds - 1 minute, until dressing is creamy and cloudy looking.
When rice is done cooking, let it cool to room temperature. Add rice to a large mixing bowl and toss with all the veggies, chickpeas, and parsley, plus a generous shake of salt and pepper.
Drizzle 1/3 cup of vinaigrette into the salad and toss to combine. Add more dressing, 1 tbsp at a time, to taste.