Who doesn't love a big bowl of bolognese?! This Tofu Bolognese is so easy to make and perfect for as an easy weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy!
This recipe is featured in our Weekly Vegan Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for the meal plan here to have 6 great dinner recipes and a fun weekend bonus (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 1 (14 ounce) block extra firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 3/ 4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 pound pasta
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the tamari, nutritional yeast, spices and olive oil if using. Rub evenly over the tofu crumbles. Bake on prepared pan for 15 minutes, toss, and continue cooking until browned.
Mix with tomato sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. After a few minutes, add in pasta (break it into small pieces if using long noodles), cover the pot and leave to simmer for time that pasta takes to cook, about 10 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.