Looking for a delicious and filling lunch? Look no further than this peanut stew with chickpeas, sweet potatoes and collards!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/ 2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/ 2 cup collard greens, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper, as needed
- peanuts, chopped, for garnish
In a large skillet on medium heat, add the onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeño and a splash of vegetable broth. Cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the dried spices and cook for 30 seconds.
Next, add the remaining vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, peanut butter and tomato paste. Stir well to help dissolve the peanut butter.
Bring to a boil before reducing heat and simmer until sweet potato is fork tender, about 20 minutes. Add chick and some chopped collard greens. Heat a couple more minutes until chickpeas warmed through and collards just wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over rice or quinoa and top with chopped peanuts and jalapeño. Enjoy!