- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ 8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Salt and pepper, To Taste
- 1 lemon, juiced to taste, for serving
- Parsley, chopped, for serving
Cook the onion, garlic and carrot in olive oil (or vegetable broth) over medium heat until the onion is softened, adding more oil/broth as needed. Stir in the cumin, cinnamon, paprika and cayenne. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the cauliflower is fork-tender, adding more vegetable broth as needed or desired.
Remove from the stove and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Top with chopped parsley and serve with farro.