This dish is a spin on traditional jambalaya- big, bold flavor packed into a one sheet-pan dinner! Bell peppers and onions caramelize in the oven with smoky sausage and juicy shrimp all tied together with a punch of Cajun seasoning. Cauliflower rice rounds out this dish for a lighter take on the classic (we promise you won't miss the rice!) Clean, wholesome recipes are @cleanfoodiecraving's Charlotte's thing, and this recipe is no exception!
This recipe is featured in our Special Edition Meal Plan in honor of Juneteenth
Click here to order Charlotte's cookbook One-Pot Keto Cooking!
- 6 ounces kielbasa sausage (preferably no-sugar-added), sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (10-ounce) bags frozen cauliflower rice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/ 2 pound wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Add kielbasa sausage, onion, and bell pepper to a large baking sheet along with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Toss until well-coated. Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove baking sheet from oven, then add tomato paste and stir to combine. Add frozen cauliflower rice and remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Toss and return the to the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Taste jambalaya and season with salt and pepper. Add raw shrimp on top of jambalaya and drizzle with butter. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through and pink.
Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.