Add to parchment lined baking tray and bake at 350˚F for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh sage leaves
- 1/ 4 cup white wine
- 1/ 2 cup Arborio rice
- 1/ 2 cup wild rice
- 1 32 ounce container Organic Vegetarian Pho Soup Base
- 3/ 4 cup cooked and puréed pumpkin meat or pumpkin puree (I used the meat from 4 mini pumpkins)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan, for topping
In a large sauté pan with lid, cook the diced shallot and garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat until translucent. Add sage leaves and continue to cook until fragrant. Add the rice to toast.
Once the rice begins to brown, add the wine to deglaze the pan. Stir, then salt and pepper to taste, and begin adding the vegetarian pho stock. Add 1 cup and let it cook down. Do this until there is only one more cup left, then whisk in the last remainder of the pho and the pumpkin puree, and cover with a lid until remaining liquid is absorbed by the rice. Rice should be fully cooked, but not gummy.
Adjust seasoning to taste, scoop into cavities of mini pumpkins and top with grated parmesan to serve.